Work for CSLAP
We are a nonprofit organization in our start-up phase. During this phase, we plan to help McAllen ISD and Vanguard Academy's class of 2020 by hosting college access events at their schools through December 2019. Mentors receive specialized training in our college access services and access to our lesson plans, and they are encouraged to host events according to their strengths and interests. Please send your resume to to receive the complete application.
Part-Time: Two Mentor Positions
1. Host college access events at their assigned school district.
2. Receive training in CSLAP's services.
3. Form lesson plans based on both the school district's needs and their own strengths and interests.
4. Coordinate with college counselors at the high schools to plan events.
5. Report progress to CSLAP's executive board.
1. Possess a bachelor's degree or currently pursuing a college degree.
2. Pass a criminal history background check.
3. Demonstrate proficiency in public speaking and follow-up skills.
4. Demonstrate proficiency in college admissions mentoring.
About the position:
The position pays $12/hr and involves a flexible 15-20 hours per month that can be scheduled around your current responsibilities. The position will last from mid-September to mid-December 2019 with the possibility of a full-time promotion in 2020. Applications should be submitted before September 10th.